Before going into details about what is a software-radio, and what it
can be used for, I will give an overview of this document, so that you
know where to start first.
This document is separated into six parts:
- Introduction - this is what you're reading right now. It gives
some basic definitions and ideas about the signal-processing part as
well as the chosen implementation.
- Architecture - here you'll learn more about the design of
the different aspects of the software-radio
- Reference Manual - when you need to know about a certain function
how to use it or what it does, this is the place to go. Usually you'll
need the knowledge from the Technical Documents to know
- How-to - a more practical approach, this could also be called
tutorial, as you learn how to use the software-radio
step-by-step, without an explanation for the gory details.
- Tipsntricks - a collection of common pitfalls and how to avoid
them, plus some help on how to do more unusual things.
- Future Thoughts - lots of things I wanted to do with the
software-radio, both technically and experimentally, but that I didn't
have any time left. Wanna go for it?
At the beginning of each part, you will find a short overview of the
different chapters and what they talk about.
- Motivation - why we want to have a software-radio
- System Overview - the basic building blocks of the software-radio
- Usage - what we are doing with it right now
- Outlook - possible future enhancements